UPDATE: 4:40 pm EST: Dow closed up 247, NAS up 67 to close over 1500 WOOHOO and S&P up 30.
Have a Happy Holiday!
DOW futures down sharply on the biggest drop in Durable Goods Orders in two years, down 6.2%.
A surprise pop in Personal Income up 0.3% is offset by the drop in Consumer Spending, down 1% in October
The first time Jobless Claims fell 14,000 to a moving avg of 529,000 last week…
The incoming Administration announces Paul Volcker will head up a new economic advisory panel and Austan ‘NAFTA’ Goolsbee will be the policy director of the panel…
Enjoy the Holiday!!
UPDATE 2: 1:44pm EST: IBN now reporting the RAF may storm the hotel where hostages are being held.
- Colaba: Petrol pump blown up
- 10 killed in Colaba attack
- Gun battle outside Metro cinema hall
- Hotel Oberoi, Hotel Taj under siege
- RAF considering commando action, may storm hotels
- Local trains suspended
- Gunfire and grenades, the latest modus operandi of terrorists
- Roads in Mumbai completely deserted
- Terrorists still holed up at Nariman House (more…)
DOW down 122.26…..
He will be appearing live in 44 minutes
same bat time same bat channel as yesterday
CNBC has the countdown clock to his “economic announcement” running….
watch it here in 42 minutes and counting….
more AWFUL housing news:
New Home sales drop 5.3% in October (vs a rise of 0.7% in September) and Consumer Sentiment has fallen to a 28 year low..