BP Oil Spill – shades of Alien: Thad Allen gives his best Ash impression, says government still collating how much oil is flowing into the Gulf
50+ days, no plan. You know what Ripley would say, the only way to be SURE is to nuke the site from orbit~
Maybe Cameron WAS the right person to call. Or maybe they should have called Ridley Scott. Thad Allen did a compelling impression of Ash in the first Alien film at the briefing today, attempting to explain that they STILL have NO accurate count of how much oil is flowing into the Gulf. He says they were still reviewing the best way to calculate the flow. Discussing it. ‘Still collating’ if you will….
- Ripley: Ash. Any suggestions from you or Mother?
- Ash: No, we’re still collating.
- Ripley: [laughing in disbelief] …What? You’re still ‘collating’? I find that hard to believe.
- Ash: What would you like me to do?
- Ripley: Just what you’ve been doing, Ash – nothing. I’ve got access to Mother now, and I’ll get my own answers, thank you.
- Ash: All right.
If they are hoping the oil flow stops before they have to tell us they may as well give up the ghost on that one. Apparently not only did they go down 5000 ft of water, they drilled through 14,000 ft of rock. Who knows how big the supply is they drilled into, maybe the oil under the entire Gulf is coming up through these leaks who the hell knows.
So again Obama convened a group of ‘experts’ who are in endless debate while no one makes the hard call and ends the debate, making you know, a decision.
Point is ACT. MITIGATE.