AZ Medical Marijuana Program Begins Today, April 14th
And a big woohoo to you-hoo!
Thank you to the voters who have made it possible for those patients with the designated medical conditions, to access a safe, natural remedy to help alleviate their symptoms. (Note- MMJ is properly limited here in AZ, everyone who feels a twinge will not be getting stoned courtesy of a legal recommendation here- you really have to be ill)
QP07: What medical conditions will qualify a patient for medical marijuana?
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and chronic pain;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
And thank you to the AZ Department of Health, which has done yeoman’s work on this issue and met all the required deadlines per the statute, incredible work!
…collect all documentation required during the application process and follow all application instructions for Adult Patients, Patients Under 18, or Caregivers. Before beginning the application process, be sure you have the following items in digital format ready for upload: